11 November 2019
Helping those less fortunate (Winter Night Shelter)
Homelessness is always an important topic in the UK, be it local or nationally and with winter approaching we wanted to do something to help those who will be battling the elements on the streets.
The Winter Night Shelter MK support the homeless, vulnerable and those with mental health struggles in Milton Keynes by providing:
- temporary emergency accommodation (November–March)
- a dedicated welfare team providing year-round support
- access to showers and washing/drying facilities
- links to support agencies
- advice and support to find permanent accommodation
- pathways to employment.
After seeing an appeal from The Winter Night Shelter for donations, we got in touch and donated 20 waterproof sleeping bags, which will be passed on to those most in need.
We look forward to supporting this local charity over the coming years.